Friday, 9:15 am – 11:45 am
3 weeks: $64 members/$80 non-members
4 weeks: $85 members/$106 non-members
Each class will follow the following routine:
- A brief introduction of each student, and discussion of his/her art interests and objectives.
- A “How to Get Started” discussion and demonstration, including color mixing, preparing the canvas, choosing subject matter, sketching on the canvas/paper, and the actual application of paint.
- Painting time; as a group, with individual assistance as needed, with suggestions and advice if desired. This time should be about one and a half hours- two hours, with a short break in the middle.
- Clean up time and Group Critique. Informal, interactive, and informational.
My total objective for each class is to:
- Assist each beginning artist in discovering the joy and satisfaction of creating beautiful art with acrylic paint.
- Teach each student the ability to start and complete a painting with confidence.
- Encourage each student to feel comfortable as part of a nurturing, non-threatening group of fellow artists
- Paints: Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylics- Two Ounce Tubes.
- Cadmium Yellow Light
- Phthalo Blue GS
- Raw Umber
- Quinacridone Magenta
- Titanium White
- Brushes; natural hog bristle filbert, labeled for oils or acrylics. Student or scholastic grade. Numbers 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.
- Stretched Canvas, (several) 11×14” or 12×16”, or a 12X16” canvas paper pad.
- Strathmore Paper Palette 12×16” OR
- A roll of freezer paper. (found in food wrap section at grocery store)
- Masking tape
- Paper towels
- Small paper pad for sketching
- Pencil or pen
- Water container
- Apron or smock
All supplies can be purchased at Michaels or ordered for a more reasonable price at DickBlick.com or www.jerrysartarama.com.
Please call or email me with any questions or concerns.