Dr. Constantine Mantz is Chief Medical Officer of 21st Century Oncology, a multi-specialty provider company of surgical, radiation and medical oncology services. Dr. Mantz is also a practicing radiation oncologist and graduate of the University of Chicago. Dr. Mantz has published original research on the use stereotactic body radiotherapy, a recently developed technology that allow for very high radiation doses to be delivered with extreme precision and accuracy. He helped pioneer the use of stereotactic therapy for prostate cancer 15 years ago and was the first physician to report its use for the treatment of cancers of the cervix.
Since Dr. Zafar’s early training he has been academically very active, conducting high quality research studies, with focus on gastrointestinal malignancies. He has been an institutional principal investigator for numerous translational and clinical research projects in gastrointestinal cancers. Dr. Zafar has published several scientific papers, abstracts and book chapters in peer- reviewed journals such as American Journal of Clinical Oncology, Journal of Geriatric Oncology and Nutrition Reviews. He has served as a principal investigator for numerous translational and clinical research projects at Emory University. He has presented his work nationally in various meetings and conferences.
Dr. Zafar explains how he loves becoming a part of his patients’ story and how cancer research is being revolutionized.
- Internship in Internal Medicine
- Detroit Medical Center- Wayne State University – Detroit, MI
Chief Residency – Internal Medicine
- Detroit Medical Center- Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Fellowship in Oncology/Hematology
- Emory University-Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, GA
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Medical Association
- Arnold P. Gold Humanism Society
- American College of Physicians
- Georgia Society of Clinical Oncology
- Recipient Elkin Scholarship Grant at Emory University
- Gold Humanism and Excellence in Teaching, 2008- Award received on behalf of Wayne State University and Arnold P. Gold Humanism Society
- Chief, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Lee Health
- Board Member-NAPBC-Breast Program Leadership Committee at Regional Cancer Center
- Member- Cancer Committee- Regional Cancer Center
- Board Member- IPALC (Independent Physicians Association of Lee County) Secretary Leadership Board.